Digital Marketing Manager
The C* Word is a friendly and rapidly growing marketing agency dedicated to the cannabis industry and working with clients all over the world.
Due to the recent surge of businesses in the UK cannabis and CBD market, we are now looking to expand our UK-focused team with a new Digital Marketing Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to make tracks in this fledgling industry. The international cannabis industry is a rapidly changing landscape that presents one of the biggest opportunities for investors and entrepreneurs globally.
The role is full-time and remote, but must be UK-based.
Digital Marketing Manager – UK / Remote
This position requires a thorough understanding of the digital marketing environment and the cannabis industry. Our clients include both B2B and B2C businesses, and operate throughout genetics, medical cannabis, travel & tourism, ecommerce and CBD, and ancilliary services.
Applicants should have a passion for startups, emerging industries, politics and medical cannabis. Knowledge of the cannabis industry (both internationally, and nationally) and the wider media and creative landscapes is an advantage.
The Experience We Need
- Agency experience working as a Digital Marketing Manager / Executive is preferable. However, if you’re an outgoing Account Manager with digital experience, you could still be a great fit.
- You will be passionate about digital marketing.
- You will be passionate about supporting the cannabis industry to the highest standards.
- Knowledge of display advertising, affiliates, PPC, SEO and social is advantageous.
- An analytical approach would be beneficial.
- Public speaking and presenting skills would also be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience managing multiple digital programs.
As the successful Digital Marketing Manager you’ll assist in the management of client relationships. You’ll be responsible for monitoring and progressing client campaigns and projects, raising client queries with the wider agency team and keeping the client up to speed on the progress of ongoing campaigns.
- Meet and liaise with clients to discuss and identify their marketing/advertising/brand requirements.
- Work with colleagues to devise advertising / marketing campaigns that meet the client’s brief and budget.
- Present (alongside colleagues – particularly the account manager) the campaign ideas and budget to the client.
- Work with the account manager to brief media, creative and research staff and assist with the formulation of marketing strategies.
- Liaise with, and act as the link between, the client and colleagues by maintaining regular contact with both.
- Ensure that communication flows effectively.
- Present creative work to clients for approval or modification.
- Handle budgets, manage campaign costs and invoice clients.
- Create client reports.
- Monitor the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Arrange and attend meetings / calls.
- Delivering pitches with the aim of securing new business.
- Define and manage digital and social media strategies.
- Driving organic reach and digital engagement on all channels.
Creating briefs for all assets required for social media.
- Generating creative ideas and brainstorming for marketing campaigns.
- Ensuring end-to-end project management to successfully meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Updating website and blog content.
- Monitor web, email and social engagement metrics (via reporting tools, including Google, and Twitter Analytics).
- Create, manage and execute SEO strategies to increase brand visibility and content distribution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative and be flexible.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Drive and determination.
- Effective team-working skills.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- IT literacy and an awareness of how the marketing industry is developing in light of new communication technologies.
Working with the C* Word opens a gateway to one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Over the last 6 months, the global cannabis industry has grown more than it has done in the past 6 years. As medical cannabis is quickly becoming the most important healthcare development of the past 20 years, it is creating incredible opportunities for investors and entrepreneurs globally. In addition, the UK enacted its medical cannabis program on November 1st, and the domestic cannabis industry is therefore becoming a key focal point for local and international media.
How to Apply
If this role sounds of interest, then get in touch with us! Please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.
More From the C Word...
Thanks to the nominations and the judging panel at Global Health and Pharma, we’ve been awarded the Best Cannabis Digital Marketing Specialists – UK, for 2020!
Email marketing for CBD companies is crucial. With such high conversion rates it’s really foolish to ignore it. We explain why you should use email in your CBD marketing strategy.
Like every business, CBD companies need backlinks to promote their websites. Without them, they’ll plummet in search engine page results (SERPs) and fail to get their products in front of customers.
Tel: +44 (0) 1237 730213